Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 AM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

Default Can I use my shit as fertilizer in my garden?

I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 AM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

"Jacques De Molay" wrote:

I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

Perfectly normal for french folk... yoose don't bathe either... and yer
momma has hairy arm pits that stink worse than a NYTA terlit.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 AM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

Jacques De Molay wrote:
I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

No, too many pathogens, too much chance of passing around bad germs in the
ground water or by direct contact. Just because this has been a practice in
some parts of the world doesn't make it a good idea on balance.

David

Old 03-03-2009, 02:12 PM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:24:44 -0800 (PST), Jacques De Molay wrote:

I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

You sound like the hippies that live in my neck of the woods!

You can use it if you can figure out a way to filter some of the pathogens
out. Good luck with that.

Brings a whole new meaning to "Brown Thumb"

- RayZorback
Old 03-03-2009, 03:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

"Jacques De Molay" wrote in message

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

I seriously doubt you'd have enough to use for fertilizer since you're using
most of it for brains.

Val

Old 03-03-2009, 03:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jacques De Molay wrote:
I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

It can be done if you know what you're doing. (I'm surprised nobody has
mentioned the _Humanure Handbook_ yet.) You need to compost it for a
long time before adding it to your garden.
http://weblife.org/humanure/default.html

You'd be better off adding leaves and shredded paper or sawdust to your
garden (to use up the excess nitrogen and to build the soil) and
fertilizing with pee.

Bob
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

"Jacques De Molay" wrote in message
I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

Some stuff is just innately built into us what to do and not do. Human
feces does have some merit for promoting plant growth. However, the same
stuff is toxic to humans when ingested. I won't go into some cases where
people starved for food, may have ingested same for their hunger. That's
maximum desperation.

On the lighter side, it doesn't seem to be doing my above ground leech field
any harm. That is, after bacterial processing with foodstuffs in the septic
tank. But, I wouldn't eat the grass on that leech field.

Feces from all animals is broken down bacterially, and by sun and air
exposure. Then, the earth makes use of it. Unless you're a dung beetle,
avoiid making use of your own feces.
--
Dave

CDOs are how we got here.
A modified version, new taxes in the future, is how Congress will get us
out?

Old 03-03-2009, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

zxcvbob wrote:
Jacques De Molay wrote:
I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

It can be done if you know what you're doing. (I'm surprised nobody has
mentioned the _Humanure Handbook_ yet.) You need to compost it for a
long time before adding it to your garden.
http://weblife.org/humanure/default.html

You'd be better off adding leaves and shredded paper or sawdust to your
garden (to use up the excess nitrogen and to build the soil) and
fertilizing with pee.

Bob

I did know one person who put his family's human waste in his compose
pile. I don't know whose job it was to scoop the poop out of the
toilet. He did have some if the biggest sunflowers in the
neighborhood.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

zxcvbob wrote:
Jacques De Molay wrote:
I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

It can be done if you know what you're doing. (I'm surprised nobody
has mentioned the _Humanure Handbook_ yet.) You need to compost it
for a long time before adding it to your garden.
http://weblife.org/humanure/default.html

This can be done safely with a properly constructed composting toilet. I
wouldn't be trying it otherwise.

You'd be better off adding leaves and shredded paper or sawdust to
your garden (to use up the excess nitrogen and to build the soil) and
fertilizing with pee.

Indeed, human urine is sterile (unless you have a urinarty tract infection)
and a good source of nitrogen. It is every man's duty to water the lemon
tree. I wouldn't be sexist about it but when I have suggested in the past
the ladies get involved too they don't seem to accept the idea so well.

David

Old 04-03-2009, 12:05 AM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Jacques De Molay" wrote:

I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

Perfectly normal for french folk... yoose don't bathe either... and yer
momma has hairy arm pits that stink worse than a NYTA terlit.

Don't be too proud Jacques, the xenophobic, steaming pile that calls
itself "brooklyn1", apparently is capable of posting on the internet,
even if it is English impaired.
--

Billy
Democrat and Republican Leaders Behind Bars
Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Jacques De Molay wrote:
I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

It can be done if you know what you're doing. (I'm surprised nobody has
mentioned the _Humanure Handbook_ yet.)

No-one has mentioned it because most people realise that the OP is trolling
right round usenet.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 PM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

g'day jacques,

in a word 'yes'

better if you compost it first though, go to 'humanure' online they
have some suggestions the links are also on our site.

or you could go the expense and buy a composting toilet have a look at
nature-loo for what i mean.

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:24:44 -0800 (PST), Jacques De Molay
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev