Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Can I use my shit as fertilizer in my garden?

"Jacques De Molay" wrote in message
I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

Some stuff is just innately built into us what to do and not do. Human
feces does have some merit for promoting plant growth. However, the same
stuff is toxic to humans when ingested. I won't go into some cases where
people starved for food, may have ingested same for their hunger. That's
maximum desperation.

On the lighter side, it doesn't seem to be doing my above ground leech field
any harm. That is, after bacterial processing with foodstuffs in the septic
tank. But, I wouldn't eat the grass on that leech field.

Feces from all animals is broken down bacterially, and by sun and air
exposure. Then, the earth makes use of it. Unless you're a dung beetle,
avoiid making use of your own feces.
--
Dave

CDOs are how we got here.
A modified version, new taxes in the future, is how Congress will get us
out?