Old 04-03-2009, 02:55 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Summer growth

FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
After recent heavy rain my place is getting a late summer growth
spurt. The grass is growing while you look at it. The birds are so
happy. I have some new species in the shrubs near the house so now
the dawn chorus has another voice. I wonder if any of them are
going for the opportunity of another breeding season. The more
there are to pick over the manure the better. I feel so much more
comfortable than a month ago and not just because it is cooler. Now
I just need to get my winter veges started.

Skite! Mutter, mumble, grumble as my garden becomes desiccated.....

Most excellent spouse was weeding the flower garden yesterday while I was
inside. She came in and announced weeding was over for the day. Why? Big
black snake. Summer isn't over yet.

David