Old 07-03-2009, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Gardening with repetitive strain injury

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
fralie wrote:

I have repetitive strain injury in my right wrist (way too much typing
in the day job) and this is causing problems when gardening -
especially weeding and digging.

Can anyone suggest tools that will help to reduce the strain or give
hints or tips on reducing the strain when gardening.

You need the guidance of a professional physical therapist, not the well
intentioned, and perhaps disastrous, musings of the random "posters" to
"wrecked gardens".

Sound advice. I'd also look into ergonomic design of your work place
sometimes minor or major changes in you work place really can make a
difference. Meanwhile do less some how.

Bill

http://www.unimelb.edu.au/ehsm/Ergonomic_design.pdf

--