Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Hardy cacti

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:39:26 +0000, James Porter
wrote:

Hi- I'm a big cactus fan and, until recently, had loads growing in my
house. I've now moved in with my girlfriend who isn't a fan (to say the
least!) and I've had to get rid of most of them!
I'm now wondering whether any 'hardy' cacti can be grown in the garden
and can survive our winter...? Surely there must be tough cacti that
grow up mountains and things and survive harsh winters?
Any suggestions or advice much appreciated.
Cheers.
James

I'm sorry to hear this. Please do see this as a warning bell, and let
the bells be so loud they deafen you. She made you get rid of your
cactus because she doesn't like them? Are you joking? Move back out
and keep your cactus. What is wrong with women...holy shit.

Puhleeze! He didn't say he had to get rid of all, only most, and he doesn't
say she made him, just that he "had to"... more likely wasn't room for his
"loads" of cacti... wtf do you think he asked about planting them outdoors?
Anyways he didn't ask you to play Dr. Phil.... offer some constructive
advice, miss gloom and doom.