Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Hardy cacti

"brooklyn1" wrote in
:

"Bill" wrote

Bill, do you believe her, I don't. I bet Victoria has no
tits! LOL

I think we should ask her to watch "Princes Bride" five times.
) First thought of clockwork orange scenario but came to
the conclusion that Gardeners are a varied sort fur sure.
Sometimes hard to recognize but some adage about removing
splinter in my own eye pops up.

Bill who wonders why males have tits ? Must be a quest for
symmetrically perfect sculpture ?

I read somewhere (probably National Geographic) that in some
particular primates the males are able to suppliment breast
feeding while the females are pregnant... probably much more
prevalent millions of years ago. There are still many sea
creatures where the males do all the raising/feeding of the
young, in fact they birth and carry the young up until they can
fend for themselves, the female only deposits the unfertilized
eggs and swims away never looking back... so in fact the father
is the mother. Some cichlids do this (mouth breeders), I think
so does the seahorse (the male has a pouch like a marsupial).

it's also partly because gender differentiation doesn't occur in
mammal fetuses until later in predevelopment. IOW, you get a basic
body, then a gender (they don't always match).
also, human males can, in certain circumstances, lactate. it's
uncommon, but possible.
men also can get breast cancer & are more likely to find out in
late stage, so don't skip your breast self-exams just because
you've got other dangly bits. when i was in for surgery there was a
guy in with his third occurance of breast cancer. you'd think a guy
would just get a mastectomy & get it over with. it's not like they
need breasts...
lee