Old 09-03-2009, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
JonquilJan JonquilJan is offline

Default Things are starting to come up

Gary Woods wrote in message
"JonquilJan" wrote:

Somehow Lake Ontario doesn't help to mederate the temps much - only
provides a lot of lake effect snow. But I am inland about 10 miles.

That's just about where the snow drops, isn't it? Older daughter is SW of
Rochester. I can't complain to her about snow!
I can't even see the sticks that mark the garlic bed yet, though with a

few
(barely) above freezing with rain days, maybe they'll show themselves.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at

home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

I am just about at the center of the eastern end of Lake Ontario - between
the lake and the Tug Hill Plateau. My soil is marvelous. A very rich
slightly sandy loam. somehwat makes up for the short growing season.,

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying