Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frog Britches Frog Britches is offline

Default Moles!

Al Schmidt wrote:
My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait, hungry dog,... But my problem is I have a lot of large
spruce trees with ground hugging limbs. The mole trails go in and out of
there. Does the mole repellant work? If so, I'd spray under the trees
and get the moles in the yard.

Also any first hand mole fighting stories would help. What works. What
doesn't work.

Al

A few wet years ago I spread a fungicide around the yard. At evening we
saw and heard several moles. They were running around like chickens with
their heads chopped off. They were noisy. I didn't know they made sounds
until then. They didn't like it one bit. I guess the rain put into their
levels of the tunnels. My daughter caught one and took it to school for
show and tell. It ate a ton of crickets and worms.
We haven't had moles in the yard in a long time.