Old 09-03-2009, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Tips

For my sins I have been landed with the production of monthly topical
tips for our local gardening club. No, I didn't put my hand up and
volunteer but rather was asked by the 'steemed chairperson of the club
if I would "kindly consider" producing a relevant monthly tip UFN to
assist the members. Senior Management, in the shape of SWMBO, present at
the time, indicated her acquiescence on my behalf. So the matter was
resolved and it has been agreed that I will thrill the membership with a
scintillating series of monthly tips undoubtedly resulting in greater
fruit & 'veg production of superior flavour at less cost and lesser
effort, dazzling blooms, E-type compost, etc. etc. all in a disease and
pest free wildlife friendly gardening environment.

I know I can plagiarise from a myriad of websites and books all of which
are equally available to the membership, and I will probably resort on
occasion to this (with due acknowledgements, of course) however what I
believe may be of interest would be the unusual hints and tips which
have been passed down from previous generations - such as the planting
of a garlic clove under a rosebush to ward off aphid invasion.

Please excuse this arrant plea for help but I feel certain that the
subscribers to this group is awash with such quirky tips - and I'd
really welcome some help.

Many thanks!
--
Gopher .... I know my place!