Old 10-03-2009, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default If you don't like the weather ..

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Using pots this year to cut water consumption, and cut down on weeding
crap.
Exceptional drought here.
--
Dave

Another fallacy, the home.
Its primary purpose WAS to provide shelter, and allow the dweller to
proceed
a life within it by their own choices. The first a need, the second a
right.
Somewhere along the way, its become primary purpose as a financial
security
instead.

Not everyone owns their own home. Some of us rent or lease. The fact
that a home can be a commodity isn't the owners fault. That is another
game. Not being able to declare bankruptcy on your principal residence
but is permissible on a second or third home, or a yacht, shows the hand
of those who are truly culpable (You can thank Joe Biden for this one.).

Finally got my seeds in germinating. If I run into a problem this year,
I will immediately run to the nursery for starters.
--

Billy
There are no lobbyists for cover crops and crop rotation. Why?

The leased or rental home has always been a business, its inhabitants
subject to the restrictions of the lease. And for the owner of such, it is
always an investment. And it too has become a financial instrument.

In general, buyers of homes have increasingly used their homes for equity
loans, reverse mortgages and so forth. That part of the equation is the
consumer's "fault", along with the banks.

Even though some investors may mislead otherwise, the house/home is not a
commodity. Gold, silver, and copper are examples of commodities.

Another week will tell, seeds have been planted for a week today. The temps
have been increasing the past couple of days, tough to keep the soil surface
moist like this.