Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default What to replace?

On 10/3/09 10:24, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:20:32 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 9/3/09 23:38, in article
, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
It doesn't seem anyone is able to do a lot of gardening at present, so I
thought I'd ask what people have lost to the harsh weather and what
they're
going to replace it with when they can get out there? Same plant or try
something new and different, perhaps?

Not a lot of gardening at present!!
I spent a couple of mornings last week rotovating most of our allotment
getting it ready for planting then at the weekend... Saturday I spent
planting all the shallots and onions, 11 rows, and on Sunday I had the
second manure delivery which had to be loaded and barrowed onto the plot (22
barrow loads each time).
Now it just has to be rotovated in the spud plot.
No gardening at present indeed. :-)

Should I have said 'ornamental gardening' in a Judith Bliss hat while
'pruning the delphiniums'? ;-)))

in gold slippers, whilst wearing SCUBA gear?

Judith Bliss wouldn't have been seen dead in SCUBA gear! ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com