Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What to replace?

In article ,
Sheila wrote:

Its really sad reading all of these losses, I have been so fortunate up here
(Formby has its own micro climate, thank you gulf stream) and have lost
nothing. I would be devastated. The Agapanthus in the ground have done
really well, they are growing nicely, I put the two in pots inside the shed
after the pots cracked... (re potted them, they are outside now, doing well)

Well, yes and no. We have had over a decade mof incredibly mild winters,
and this is merely taking us back to what they used to be. In fact, in
Cambridge, it STILL counts as a mild winter! We haven't had any -10
nights or any days when it has remained much below zero.

The weather varies, year from year. That's life.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.