Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Using the fibre pots

"Pete C" wrote in message

Donna UK wrote:
Hi All

I am trying to grow my tomatoes in the fibre pots in a propagator on
the window cill. I noticed that the pots have a horrible hairy grey
mould, will this hurt the seeds and is this normal?

Donna

It prob isn't right, but I get the same every year. Going to try root
trainers this year instead.
--
Pete C
London UK

I have been using root trainers for about 5 years, mostly for sweet peas and
runner beans, plenty of space for tap root.
They are re-usable, and well worth the money, they come with trays and clear
plastic covers.

Highly recommended.

http://www.rootrainers.co.uk/
Regards