Old 14-03-2009, 08:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Using a roto-tiller in reverse?

"MajorOz" wrote in message
On Mar 11, 6:21 pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:20:23 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

wrote:
Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am
wondering when the reverse would be useful.

I don't have this feature on my Honda 110 mini-tiller. Reverse is
useful to get out of a corner, especially for the larger tillers.

My guess would be if the tines got caught up in roots or whatnot.

Well, if the tines get caught, I suggest you stop the tiller
immediately and remove the entanglement--reverse function or not, to
prevent breaking a pin.

Also, would you consider a reverse function to be an essential feature of
rototiller?

Not at all.

Thanks for any insight into this,

Jon

A friend of mine played one of his old country music 33's in reverse.
Got back his wife, his dog, his pick-up, ...........

did he also sober up and leave the bar?

rob