Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Using a roto-tiller in reverse?

Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am
wondering when the reverse would be useful.

My guess would be if the tines got caught up in roots or whatnot.

Also, would you consider a reverse function to be an essential feature of a
rototiller?

Thanks for any insight into this,

Jon

Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:20:23 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am
wondering when the reverse would be useful.

I don't have this feature on my Honda 110 mini-tiller. Reverse is
useful to get out of a corner, especially for the larger tillers.

My guess would be if the tines got caught up in roots or whatnot.

Well, if the tines get caught, I suggest you stop the tiller
immediately and remove the entanglement--reverse function or not, to
prevent breaking a pin.

Also, would you consider a reverse function to be an essential feature of a
rototiller?

Not at all.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Phisherman" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am
wondering when the reverse would be useful.

I don't have this feature on my Honda 110 mini-tiller. Reverse is
useful to get out of a corner, especially for the larger tillers.

Thanks Phisherman, I hadn't thought of the corners. I can see a reverse
switch handy in such a situation.

Thanks,

Jon

Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am
wondering when the reverse would be useful.

I don't have this feature on my Honda 110 mini-tiller. *Reverse is
useful to get out of a corner, especially for the larger tillers.

My guess would be if the tines got caught up in roots or whatnot.

Well, if the tines get caught, I suggest you stop the tiller
immediately and remove the entanglement--reverse function or not, to
prevent breaking a pin.

Also, would you consider a reverse function to be an essential feature of a
rototiller?

Not at all.

Thanks for any insight into this,

Jon

A friend of mine played one of his old country music 33's in reverse.
Got back his wife, his dog, his pick-up, ...........

cheers

oz
Old 12-03-2009, 07:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am
wondering when the reverse would be useful.

My guess would be if the tines got caught up in roots or whatnot.

Also, would you consider a reverse function to be an essential feature of a
rototiller?

Thanks for any insight into this,

Jon

I liked the reverse in the tiller I used. Besides turning around in
tight spots,when I hit a rock or a hard clump, the reverse allowed me
to back up and straighten out the row.

Kate

Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I liked the reverse in the tiller I used. Besides turning around in
tight spots,when I hit a rock or a hard clump, the reverse allowed me
to back up and straighten out the row.

Ah, thanks Kate, I hadn't thought of that. Much appreciated!

Jon

Old 14-03-2009, 08:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am
wondering when the reverse would be useful.

I don't have this feature on my Honda 110 mini-tiller. Reverse is
useful to get out of a corner, especially for the larger tillers.

My guess would be if the tines got caught up in roots or whatnot.

Well, if the tines get caught, I suggest you stop the tiller
immediately and remove the entanglement--reverse function or not, to
prevent breaking a pin.

Also, would you consider a reverse function to be an essential feature of
rototiller?

Not at all.

Thanks for any insight into this,

Jon

A friend of mine played one of his old country music 33's in reverse.
Got back his wife, his dog, his pick-up, ...........

did he also sober up and leave the bar?

rob

[IMG] code is On

Sears Roto-tiller Mike North Carolina 0 23-05-2005 06:31 PM
Sears Roto-tiller Mike North Carolina 0 19-05-2005 05:55 PM
Sears Roto-tiller Mike North Carolina 0 16-05-2005 02:12 PM
Sears Roto-tiller Mike North Carolina 0 10-05-2005 03:02 PM
Help ID a roto tiller please! brewster Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:58 PM