Old 14-03-2009, 07:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
jimnginger jimnginger is offline

Default No sun for growing veg

The garden books say that vegetables need 6 hours of DIRECT sun a day.
You can grow some with as little as 3 hours of DIRECT sun per day but
you would have to research that. If I don't have at least 3 to 4 hours
of direct sun per day, I don't even both planting the seeds. I will be
disappointed by spindley little plants that never produce anything. My
recommendation is to search out a spot that does get direct sun or go
to the roofs or decks of the high buildings and plant in pots. Sorry -
Jim in So. California