Old 15-03-2009, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Canna lilies

On 3/15/2009 7:36 AM, BeTu wrote:
We live in Zone 5. Last Fall we dug up our canna lilies bulbs, and
stored them for the winter. Usually we plant them again as soon as the
soil warms, late April beginning of May. My question : can we start
them indoors in containers to give them an early start? Any
suggestions, please. Thanks!
Ben

Are they cannas, which are not lilies? Or are they callas, which are
often called lilies? Neither have bulbs; both have rhizomes.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?" Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html