Old 15-03-2009, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default help with seed starting mix

In article ,
"Gloria" wrote:

I decided to try starting a few tomato plants from seed for the first time,
but I'm having trouble. I'm using large peat pots and I'm filling them with
jiffy seed starting mix. How do you get this stuff wet? It repels water
rather than soaking it in. Is there a secret to getting this starting mix
wet?

Use hot water with a few drops of dishwashing liquid per gallon added as
a surfactant to rehydrate your seed mix.