Old 15-03-2009, 11:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Canna lilies

They are quite sensitive to frost, so be carefull not to put them out too
early. I leave mine in the ground over winter, and they don't start to grow
until things warm up pretty good. They are hard to kill (other then a good
freeze) - you can till over a patch of them, and the little chunks of tubors
will quite happily grow. I have them popping up in my garden, around the
base of my fruit trees - they grow quite well.

"BeTu" wrote in message
We live in Zone 5. Last Fall we dug up our canna lilies bulbs, and
stored them for the winter. Usually we plant them again as soon as the
soil warms, late April beginning of May. My question : can we start
them indoors in containers to give them an early start? Any
suggestions, please. Thanks!
Ben