Old 16-03-2009, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Do Cats Get the Message

Hi all

I know this is a recurring theme on this group - methods for repelling our
feline "friends".
Was wondering whether repeated chase-outs actually result in the offending
creature learning that a garden is a no-go-zone.
If so, what level of deterrent is necessary?
Simple chasing out at high speed whenever they are sighted
Chasing and soft missiles - e.g. wet mud
Catapult with hard missiles
Well directed water (I'm considering one of those high powered kids water
gun things ATM)

From what I've read in this group, the retail concoctions and electronic
gizmos aren't worth bothering with.
Hence the list of measures above.
Not interested in replies from cat lovers unless they solve the problem of
cats cr@pping in my veg patch.

TIA

Phil