Old 16-03-2009, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hedda Lettis Hedda Lettis is offline

Default help with seed starting mix

"Gloria" wrote in message
.. .
I decided to try starting a few tomato plants from seed for the first time,
but I'm having trouble. I'm using large peat pots and I'm filling them
with jiffy seed starting mix. How do you get this stuff wet? It repels
water rather than soaking it in. Is there a secret to getting this
starting mix wet?

Thanks,
Gloria

I find using very hot water helps get it wet. Or pour some very hot water
in the bag, mix it as best as you can, and let the moisture soak in.