Old 19-03-2009, 02:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default drowning weeds

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:10:09 +1100, faeychild wrote:

Are all weed and garden trimmings suitable for the drowning method to
produce a liquid fertilizer.

The idea of liquid fertiliser was that the plant(s) that went into the
water were known to concentrate certain elements/compunds.

OTOH, other plants, e.g. tobacco, are known to concentrate certain
compounds that can kill bugs.

I have chopped up all my tomato plants and stuck them in a bucket of
water - it looks good but does pong.

Is there anything that can't be treated this way?

I guess not, but see above for final use/purpose.