Old 20-03-2009, 01:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
faeychild[_3_] faeychild[_3_] is offline

Default drowning weeds

jonno wrote:

faeychild wrote:
Are all weed and garden trimmings suitable for the drowning method to
produce a liquid fertilizer.
I have chopped up all my tomato plants and stuck them in a bucket of
water - it looks good but does pong.
Is there anything that can't be treated this way?

Wood probably. But youre asking for flies,and other nasties and breeding
soil borne disease carrying bacteria perhaps.
I would prefer to bury it....It composts naturally then.

Actually I never though of wood WOOD. I was considering only softer fleshed
plant material

--
faeychild