Old 21-03-2009, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default Best way to kill off Ivy?

I've got a well established ivy problem growing up in a narrow crack
between two areas of concrete on my garden boundary - about 30 foot
length of the stuff. Digging up the concrete is not an option so I'm
looking for the most effect chemical warfare to apply for a permanent
solution. There is nothing growing nearby for many feet nor do we want
to grow anything there in the near future.
Stems are 2-3cm diameter so I could drill holes in and feed a chemical
in perhaps?
Any suggestions please?

TIA

Bob