Old 21-03-2009, 05:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Raccoon !!

I would suggest attempting to trap the raccoon - HavaHeart live trap - or
whatever they're called rather than erect a barrier/deterrent for the coon.
They're smart enough to eventually figure out a work around if they want the
food badly enough.

That's my 2 cents.

JB

"©anadian Ponder" "©anadian wrote in message
I lived in a new suburb and the only outdoor wildlife was field mice. Three
years ago we saw our first skunk, last year the squirrels showed up and nor
my worst nightmare....RACCOONS this year.

I saw one on the edge of my pond last night and I scarred it away but it
will be back. I have a motion light but it doesn't scare this baby.
Luckily I have a net which I will put on tonight.

Are there any other options other than motion sprinklers which I don't
like. How about fox urine or high frequency pest control sensors ?

Many thanks !!!