Old 22-03-2009, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Granby Granby is offline

Default Strawberry Plant

I have been lurking here picking up all sorts of useful information. My son
ordered me a "strawberry tree" . Hasn't come yet but, does anyone know
about this "tree" or is it a waste of his money.
wrote in message
If you are thinking about planting strawberry plants this spring, you
will need to purchase bare root plants. When using bare roots you will
have to put off picking strawberries the first summer as the root
system is not fully established and will hurt your plants.

You could wait until fall to plant your strawberries. Using this
method will save a lot of time picking off the blooms this summer and
still will allow you to pick strawberries next year.

Here is a source for both the strawberry plant in bare root and also
potted fall plants.
http://www.gardenharvestsupply.com/c...harvest-supply

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about the
strawberry plant.