Old 22-03-2009, 12:35 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default Raccoon !!

"©anadian Ponder" "©anadian wrote in message
I lived in a new suburb and the only outdoor wildlife was field mice. Th

ree
years ago we saw our first skunk, last year the squirrels showed up and

nor
my worst nightmare....RACCOONS this year.

I saw one on the edge of my pond last night and I scarred it away but i

will be back. I have a motion light but it doesn't scare this baby.
Luckily I have a net which I will put on tonight.

Are there any other options other than motion sprinklers which I don't
like. How about fox urine or high frequency pest control sensors ?

Many thanks !!!

All of these measures are temporary. We learned to our great sorrow
and expense that only nets kept them out of our ponds. Acquaintances
who tried the motion sprinklers said they didn't work for long. The fish
predators would find a way........ :-(

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.