Old 25-03-2009, 10:36 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default White House to Plant Organic Vegetable Garden

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Charlie wrote:

In an interview in her office, Mrs. Obama said, "My hope is that
through children, they will begin to educate their families and that
will, in turn, begin to educate our communities."

I don't know about you, but I found that to be kind of creepy. I mean,
sure, organic gardens are the way to go, but the whole "child propaganda"
concept is a bit frightening, even if it is well intentioned.

Obviously it's been a long time since you saw the early episodes of Sesame
Street.

Sort of reminds me of those kindergarteners and their political singing,
something else which was rather creepy.

One man's 'political singing' is another man's 'hegemony'.