Old 25-03-2009, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Periwinkle?

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:
"Eddy" wrote in message

Will Periwinkle grow densely and thick upon the ground if the ground is
damp BUT in full sun?

I expect so. I have what seems to be acres of it although my garden is
fairly shady. My uncle could not grow it and appealed to my for my
secret.,
which was to hack and slash it and dig as much up as you can ;-)
I gave him a couple of roots of mine, Haven't heard from him for a
while..

concern

Has anyone else?

/concern

I suspect his wife would have noticed if he didn't come back from pruning
*my* vinca!
He probably hates me now.