Old 24-03-2009, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Periwinkle?

Will Periwinkle grow densely and thick upon the ground if the ground is
damp BUT in full sun?

Eddy.

Old 24-03-2009, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Eddy" wrote in message
Will Periwinkle grow densely and thick upon the ground if the ground

is
damp BUT in full sun?

Eddy.

The short answer is Yes, but for more information see:
http://www.helium.com/items/316964-growing-periwinkle

Regards,
Emrysdavies.

Old 24-03-2009, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/3/09 10:02, in article , "Eddy"
wrote:

Will Periwinkle grow densely and thick upon the ground if the ground is
damp BUT in full sun?

Eddy.

IOE it grows anywhere and the problem is getting rid of it, not growing it!
In full sun it will flower more.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 24-03-2009, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks, Sacha and Emrys.

Old 25-03-2009, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Eddy" wrote in message
Will Periwinkle grow densely and thick upon the ground if the ground is
damp BUT in full sun?

I expect so. I have what seems to be acres of it although my garden is
fairly shady. My uncle could not grow it and appealed to my for my secret.,
which was to hack and slash it and dig as much up as you can ;-)
I gave him a couple of roots of mine, Haven't heard from him for a while..

A couple of years ago the local school were appealing for perennials to
plant up some ground they'd acquired. "Anything" they said. I briefly
considered giving them some of my Vinca. Decided against it to prevent a
lynching in 5 years time.

Tina

Old 25-03-2009, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:
"Eddy" wrote in message

Will Periwinkle grow densely and thick upon the ground if the ground is
damp BUT in full sun?

I expect so. I have what seems to be acres of it although my garden is
fairly shady. My uncle could not grow it and appealed to my for my
secret.,
which was to hack and slash it and dig as much up as you can ;-)
I gave him a couple of roots of mine, Haven't heard from him for a while..

concern

Has anyone else?

/concern

--
Rusty
Old 25-03-2009, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

. uk...
"Eddy" wrote in message

Will Periwinkle grow densely and thick upon the ground if the ground is
damp BUT in full sun?

I expect so. I have what seems to be acres of it although my garden is
fairly shady. My uncle could not grow it and appealed to my for my
secret.,
which was to hack and slash it and dig as much up as you can ;-)
I gave him a couple of roots of mine, Haven't heard from him for a
while..

concern

Has anyone else?

/concern

I suspect his wife would have noticed if he didn't come back from pruning
*my* vinca!
He probably hates me now.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
IOE it grows anywhere and the problem is getting rid of it, not growing it!
In full sun it will flower more.

Hi, Sacha, and also Emrys. Thanks. Full steam ahead on periwinkle
then.

Eddy.