Old 26-03-2009, 04:45 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
What plants have others regretted introducing into their gardens?
Tansy. But fortunately I don't live there any more.

But my predecessor in this house planted some bloody awful stoloniferous Spiraea which grows like raspberries, spreads, and is ineradicable. And likewise a creeping Hypericum. Viburnum tinus is likewise ineradicable. A laurel hedge that doesn't flower, and has to be pruned twice a year. Some giant cotoneaster thing which has had its seeds spread everywhere by the birds and comes up as a weed all over the place.

Of things I've planted myself, no mistakes quite that bad I think.

A creeping Euphorbia, spreads, but not too far.

A Ceanothus that got too big, but I'm hoping the stump won' tbe too bad to remove.

Jasminum officianalis, put in the wrong place.

Eleagnus x ebbingei. I'd have put something else there if I'd known it wouldn't flower for me. I suppose it only has to be pruned twice a year.

But my lemon balm and acanthus mollis are struggling, and the vinca major isn't too hard to control.