Old 28-03-2009, 09:38 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default Frogs........

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
ReelMcKoi wrote:
Where are the frogs? We heard them a few weeks
back and now..... nothing! By now we also usually
see them all around and in the ponds. Many small ones
that managed to get through the netting. All I heard last
night was one lone frog calling from somewhere in the
distance? Are the frog numbers normal where you are?

The frogs here in my pond (SE England) spawned a couple of weeks ago

Gill

===========================
They should be spawning here also, yet there are almost
none. I've only seen one toad. This is very strange. Last
spring we were overrun with several types of frogs and
the usual common toads. There are no nets on the ponds
now so they should be even more attractive to the local
amphibians. There are plenty of newts thought.

Even my neighbors farm pond a few hundred feet away
is free of chorus frogs. :-\ The din from there has always
been deafening when on the front porch.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.