Old 29-03-2009, 07:45 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Tomatoes

speaking of snakes, we had to kill a brown snake the other day

Oh POOP! I thought there were only Red Bellied Blacks out there!

well, there are definitely both. :-) there may not be any tigers, but then
again i've never seen one of those anyway so i have no idea!!! the majority
that i have physically seen with my own eyes (not many) are brown.

and it seemed wildly absurd to get one of the wildlife people to try to
relocate it.

And they won't come anyway unless you ring them on the mobile phone whilst
watching the snake and trailing after it. They insist on you being able
to show them exactly where it is the instant they arrive. They wont'
tolerate a vague "it went over there..." type comment.

well, i don't blame them there.

i felt fairly stupid indeed calling them to get a trapped injured black
snake, but for a brown snake there was just no chance at all :-)

Himself mowed up a huge one not so long ago - didn't even see it but I
assume it might have had a go at the mower given the location of the cut
up body. I can tolerate the Tiger Snakes but I really do not like
Browns - too edgy for my liking. Mind you, given how much the bloody dogs
have cost in treatment, I could have bought myself a .410 at least 4 times
over by now. Must put in my application to add one to my collection - I'm
sick of saying I'm going to get one.

er, to shoot the dog with the next time it gets bitten...? ;-D
kylie