Old 29-03-2009, 03:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Tim Tim is offline

Default ~Best~ time to plant Garlic

Hello all,

I am in the Youngstown area in Ohio, zone 5.
I have tried to grow garlic several times, in many different
types of soil. ( I grow only in containers, and make my own soil).
Every fall I plant, after reclaiming the pot from a veggie,
and in the spring the bulbs never sprout. I have found them
rotted in the pot, just laying there not growing, and sometimes
not found them at all...All the old time garlic growers here
tell me to plant in the fall, but I have heard that I can also plant
in the spring too. Any opinions?

And a second question, is there anyone in this ng that makes
homemade fruit brandy/wine? I have a recipe that has been handed down
for generations from the old country that I would like to try, but I
have a few questions.

Tim
"Dirt is what you get from working on cars,
soil is what veggies grow in."