Old 29-03-2009, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Med. Plant ID

On 29/3/09 10:29, in article
, "DaveP"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Try Brachycome Multifida (Rock Daisy)
David Hill

I tried them with Brachycombe and still think that's a good possibility but
they say not. * I think I'll try that one again, however. *Thanks, David.

It looks far too strongly like one of them to dismiss that
possibility. A lot of people are only familiar with cultivated, forms
of Brachyscome iberidifolia and your enquirers might therefore dismiss
the more obviously deeply lobed leaves of this form. Both species
have similarly structured leaves, but those of many iberidifolia forms
are often so fine that at a cursory glance they can appear to be
simple and linear. With 60-odd species several are superficially very
similar, but it is Asteraceae, the leaves are pinnatisect and the
flowers are blue. It is almost certainly Brachyscome and in all
probability it is multifida. I reckon 1st prize goes to David Hill ;-)

A Delight of Davids! Many thanks to both of you. I'll tell them it's been
ID'd by two people and suggest that's what they look for if they want to buy
one.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com