Old 13-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Dennis

Default How to create a veggie filter inside a existing pond?

John
In my old kidney-shaped pond, I picked one corner of the kidney, put
an extra piece of liner on the bottom of that corner and built a
semi-circular fieldstone wall by stacking relatively flat fieldstones
on top of each other. It was like the walls they used in the old days
to separate property lines. I built it from the bottom of the pond to
the top of the water. It looked really nice seeing the semi-circle of
flat stones forming a small pond in the corner. I then loaded the
inside of the semi-circle with plants. The openings between each
stone were so small that the fish could not fit through them.
However, the baby fish were able to swim between the rocks to find
shelter, so this worked out very well. Good luck!
Dennis

(John) wrote in message om...
I have 14'x22'x3.5' pond (one month old with two koi, 10 gold fish),
now I need to setup a veggie filter but not more room outside of the
pond (concrete & walkway & patio), how do I seperate the pond into two
section?(one for plant one for fish) what material should I use to
prevent the fish get into the veggie filter?
Thanks in advance.
John