Old 11-04-2003, 04:56 PM
John

Default How to create a veggie filter inside a existing pond?

I have 14'x22'x3.5' pond (one month old with two koi, 10 gold fish),
now I need to setup a veggie filter but not more room outside of the
pond (concrete & walkway & patio), how do I seperate the pond into two
section?(one for plant one for fish) what material should I use to
prevent the fish get into the veggie filter?
Thanks in advance.
John
Old 11-04-2003, 05:20 PM
John Rutz

--
John

I am useing clay brick to do that between my Koi pond and beggie/bog
but am swithing to the granite rock that is available at a local quary,
as I have been using that between my pond and garden area
you can see the brick on my website below

John Rutz

the green is grassing the leaves are treeing
I'm happy

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Mac Knight

A nursery in a nearby town used large rocks that butt together and stick out
of the pond. This made a rock fence that keeps the koi out of that section.
Water is pumped in one end of the walled-off section and flows out the
other. The small openings around the rocks are plenty big enough to allow
outflow without allowing the koi to enter.

I thought this was a neat solution.

Mac Knight
http://www.macknight.addr.com

m...

Old 13-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Dennis

John
In my old kidney-shaped pond, I picked one corner of the kidney, put
an extra piece of liner on the bottom of that corner and built a
semi-circular fieldstone wall by stacking relatively flat fieldstones
on top of each other. It was like the walls they used in the old days
to separate property lines. I built it from the bottom of the pond to
the top of the water. It looked really nice seeing the semi-circle of
flat stones forming a small pond in the corner. I then loaded the
inside of the semi-circle with plants. The openings between each
stone were so small that the fish could not fit through them.
However, the baby fish were able to swim between the rocks to find
shelter, so this worked out very well. Good luck!
Dennis