Old 30-03-2009, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default oops..

On 29/3/09 21:24, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Mar 29, 5:54*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 29/3/09 18:34, in article ,

"Sheila" wrote:
I fell over a watering can in the garden today, stepped backwards to admire
a planting, and whoops over I went, my sunglasses shot off, but apart from a
bruised hip, just a bit embarrassed....

We had a bit of frost last night, but what a gorgeous day today!!

I've narrowly avoided that with the dog, many times. *He's not known as
Oscar Underfoot for nothing. * Glad to hear it wasn't worse! *Judith's
husband has the urg prize for collateral garden damage, I think - so far.
Let's keep it at 'no worse'! *I write this as I watch a hot air balloon
drifting towards us..... *It must be horrendously cold up there.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Seriously Sacha, this is a man who would never, ever visit a doc or
hospital and he has done both since he fell. I think the last time,
before that, was when I called a doctor on Christmas Morning some
years ago, when he said he needed to lay in as his ear ached. GP, a
friend, said he had a burst ear drum. He also said my husband was too
stoic for his own good. He is under house (my) arrest, no driving and
he is showering right now as I have ordered him to bed!!!!! Where I
am off to after I too have showered and locked up. Starry night
tonight, cold, but my neighbour has stuff in his greenhouse,
unheated, which is growing faster than I would have imagined at this
time of year. Maybe I can spend half a day in the garden tomorrow
with the wretched greenhouse.

Judith

Remember Ray spent 2 nights in hospital with a dog bite that "didn't need
attention" and remarks to me about "you're making a fuss" etc? Obviously
we've got one each!
It was very cold and frosty here this morning though not a damaging frost, I
hope. The cloud is coming over now so if it stays there'll be no frost
tonight, we hope!