Old 30-03-2009, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Planter Help !

The message
from respec24 contains these words:

Hi
I have bought an indoor 70cm tall planter to go inside my conservatory,
it's sealed & I don't really want to drill & put a plate underneath.

However I am now worried about how to use it !?? -
* How will I go about watering ? Won't the water pool at the botom
while the plants at the to dry out ??
* Also should I line the planter to stop water corroding & slowly
seeping through it ? If so how ?

Many thanks in advance, Pete

Don't drill holes, you'll crack the plastic - I presume it *IS* plastic?

Heat a poker or large steel rod and poke it through the bottom.

You should provide drainage. You can buy 'plates' to go underneath.

--
Rusty