Old 30-03-2009, 03:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Listermann Dan Listermann is offline

Default Retaining wall for RV

We bought a river camp and are parking a motorhome on it. The lot rarely
floods, but I want a little extra insurance. I am going to make a raised
pad using railroad ties. All I need is about two feet high.It would be
easiest to fill in with gravel, but I am wondering if clean fill topped by
gravel would be better. I intend to make it about 16 feet wide and park the
RV in the middle until things seem to settle enough to move toward one side.

Any thoughts?