Old 30-03-2009, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Retaining wall for RV

"Dan Listermann" wrote in message
We bought a river camp and are parking a motorhome on it. The lot rarely
floods, but I want a little extra insurance. I am going to make a raised
pad using railroad ties. All I need is about two feet high.It would be
easiest to fill in with gravel, but I am wondering if clean fill topped by
gravel would be better. I intend to make it about 16 feet wide and park
the RV in the middle until things seem to settle enough to move toward one
side.

Any thoughts?

Do not leave an RV anywhere on that lot that has flooded previously, not
even if you raise your pad 50 feet into the air and place your RV on top.
Enjoy your lot but when you leave take your RV with you... if the river
begins to rise while you're there get out of there fast.