Old 13-04-2003, 05:20 AM
audgen

Default [IBC] Bald Cypress chop timing

Hello,
I recently bought a Bald cypress that is just starting to come out of it's dormancy. My original plan was to plant it (very soon) in the ground for one or two years to fatten up the trunk before I did the first trunk chop.( over 6 feet tall right now). Bu
t, a lot of new buds have started to grow within the first foot of it's trunk, right where I would need them to form after I chop it. What should I do about these? Should I rub them out and continue with my plan? Or is it important that I take advantage of
them now and go ahead and do the chop?
Thanks for any help!
Audgen (zone 7)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++