Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Solar Garden Lighting Tips

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:10:59 +0100, ninatalover1
wrote:

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I was wondering if anyone
had any tips on how solar garden lights can improve your garden over
and above their decorative value. I've been looking around the web for
solar lights (found a good UK site: www.blinkingsun.com) and there is
such a wide range I am tempted to buy some but I want to find out if
they can help in other ways, rather than just being environmentally
friendly. For example can they deter slugs? Do floating pond lights
help fish or not? Will pushing a solar stake light into a bed next to a
delicate roots be dangerous?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm thinking of putting together a
guide for this.

Thanks
Nina

I seriously doubt landscaping lights would have any positive or
negative effects on plants, slugs, bulbs or fish. Lights may attract
some kinds of night-flying insects, which may (or not) be good. The
LED outdoor lighting seems to be a good choice.