Old 02-04-2009, 08:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] madgardener1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Planting Liatris corns. Which side up ??

On Apr 2, 10:08*am, wrote:
Planting Liatris corns...... * Is there a right side *up ??

I've got a bag of Liatris corns.... * too many assorted shapes... I can't
for the life of me, figure out any 'proper' way to plant them.

Some have concave bottoms and a small 'knob' of the top.

Others *have tiny fibers "old growth" *on the concave side
and 'new' tiny fibers "new growth' on the knobby side. *I'm thinking
these are new roots. *If they are, *then there are roots on two
opposing sides... *both concave and knobby.... *

Still others are knobby all over the place. *No tops, no bottoms
just knobby.

Any ideas on which end goes 'up' ??

Also, *planting depth is 2" - 4". * Any preference to shallower
or deeper, *or does it not matter.

Thanks in advance...

Peter

easy when you can't tell......plant them on the sides. they will
right themselves as they sprout. I'd soak them for a couple of hours
in warm water before you plant them. I have done this many times when
the top and bottom was hard to discern..........

madgardener gardening in the green bowl in zone 7a Sunset zone 36