Old 24-02-2003, 04:39 AM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] Prove the Age of Trees

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Cochrane"
It matters. The provenance of modern bonsai artists matters, too,
especially for trees typical of their style. We are not removed from
reflection on a well-done bonsai as an artifact of cultural significance
separate from its formal qualities.
Best wishes,
Chris... C. Cochrane

---------------------

Touché. ;-) Of course we're now operating outside of the context of both
the question and my response, but what you say is true, too.

The context was a question from and a response for a beginner. Your
observations, Chris, are astute, just not contextual. But then I'm of the
bent that beginners need to have all but the basics eliminated from their
"diet," which may or may not sit well with others. C'est la vie!. ;-)

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++