Old 05-04-2009, 01:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_3_] joevan[_3_] is offline

Default Pale rose

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 14:04:18 -0400, "Joan F \(MI\)"
wrote:

I often save two sizes for different places as well, when I do I put an S on
the end of the name of the first one. I.E., catsonarug.jpg and
catsonarugS.jpg. Helps me find the right one when I go back later.

Paddy's Pig wrote:

| Actually I have no opinion on it. My personal preference is the
| larger sizes but more often than not I "go with the flow" and post
| smaller ones in alt.binaries.photos.original.
|
| In this NG I feel no such constraint and usually post my preference.
| Yes - the file names usually overlap and there is the danger of
| overwriting, but I figure if somebody sees one of my small images in
| a.b.p.o. and likes it enough to save it, then that viewer migrates
| over to a.b.p.g. and sees a bonus version of it that they're also
| motivated to save - they probably have no bias against larger images
| and may even prefer them and won't mind overwriting the smaller
| version(s) they recorded earlier.
|
| Of course if it happens the other way around they may be disappointed
| to discover later the only one they've retained is the small one.
|
| Ehhh. What am I gonna do? Post everything the same size?
|
| Frankly when I'm done posting and there's an image I care about
| enough to save I'll save the large version and discard the smaller
| one. No point cluttering up my hard drive with large and small
| versions of the same thing.

I have to save my clients pictures and they are often large, too large
for email or posting, so I save the picture as for eg, 2345 to 2345b.
Saves a lot of time and works good. Then I sent the b item which is
email size.