Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jon[_9_] Jon[_9_] is offline

Default HELP PLEASE - What Grape Vine For New Greenhouse

Hi,

Had some much appreciated advice from this Group in the past, wonder
if anyone can offer some on what grape vine to buy.

Story is, I am about to purchase a 8'x6' greenhouse (all my plants and
propagating have been banned from the conservatory !)

The only place I can position the greenhouse is backing on to a North
facing fence, the garden (NW of UK) gets intense direct sun on the
other side of the fence from 10am to 2pm (mid Summer) and 50% at other
times of the day due to 40 ft Silver Birch trees left and right, (some
shade may prove useful?)

So, can anyone suggest :-

A) A nice sweet, thin skinned, desert grape please.

B) Do I plant it inside or outside the greenhouse (if it were to go
outside it would be in a 2' gap between the fence and the back of the
greenhouse, quite shady.

C) Soil preparation

Many Thanks.

Gary.