Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Season Startup

In article
,
Jim and Phyllis wrote:

Our spring is also under way. But that means our las frost date in
the 10th! Our pond is getting moving. Lilies leafing and irises
growing strongly. The parrot's feather is multiplying and I will
uncover the hyacinth next week. It did well under its plastic. It
should begin growing in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone remember the temp at which koi and goldies begin to breed? No
foam yet.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Been away from the forum for quite a while. Built a new pond in the
meantime.
Today (Sunday, April 5) was an 80F day here on the California Central
Coast. My goldfish are certainly active since water is above 50.
I have mosquitofish, so have never had offspring. The largest of my fish
(once Petco feederfish- 12 for a dollar) is not about a foot long.
My lilies were growing even through Winter here. Hyacinth goes smaller,
but still pervasive.
Good area to have pond.
best to all of you.