Old 07-04-2009, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_5_] Bobbie[_5_] is offline

Default Isn't it too early for midges?

Aries wrote:
On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:18:52 +0100, Bobbie wrote:

They don't seem to have reached us here in Dorset. I have never been
bothered by them, nor by the mozzies that gather round the pond. I often
smell of horses and goats, and always of dogs, perhaps that is why.

Bobbie:-)

Come to think of it I don't remember being bothered by them when we were
farming either - hmmmmm?

I just been online and ordered skin so soft from Avon now so hope that'll
do the trick

I hear only good things about it. My friend Anne swears by it.
That seems like an excellent buy on-line. I hope it works for you, it
must be very frustrating, having to worry about being bitten every time
you go out of doors.
We had a loverly drop of rain last night and the grass is looking much
better for it. Today has been chilly but lots of sunshine.
Mary, Mary Quite Contrary how does your garden grow? No cockle shells
but the bluebells are about to flower and the blossom trees are a
picture. The greenhouse demands lots of attention now with lots of
potting on to do and the cuttings all doing well. Such an interesting
time of year, don't you think?

Bobbie