Old 07-04-2009, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lost

On Apr 7, 9:23*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
I don't know how others out there came through the winter.
Almost everything came through the winter with the exception of our
Impatiens Congolensis/nyamensis the variegated is totaly wiped out but
the green form has 2 pieces about 4 inches ling onthe end of a dead
sterm that just might come back. This is the first winter we have ever
had problems with these
The blue flowered Impatiens is growing like a weed and showed no sign
of any problems with the lowered temperature.
All but one of the suculents in the same house came through OK but a
couple of the brugmansia decided they had had enough.

On another tack, I have 2 Mimosa which are now around 6 to 7 ft tall,
around 5 years old, pot grown and kept inside but to date no sign of
flowering, what am I doing wrong?

David Hill

Dave, I'm no expert but I know that the type of Mimosa I had in our
garden room at Norwich (roots planted into planting beds) needed to go
down to zero to get a lot of those lovely fluffy blooms. I heated it
one winter and it did not do as well. It seems odd but in your case,
maybe the temperature where it was kept was not low enough!!!!!!

Judith